Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Connor is in Preschool, and about 2 months ago, they started talking about Halloween at school. Connor decided that he wanted to be Mater and the Ghostlight.

Not just Mater, not a Ghostlight, but Mater and the Ghostlight. For those of you who have never watched Pixar's Cars, Mater and the Ghostlight is a short film where Mater (a Tow Truck) is chased by a blue glowing lantern.

How could I possibly make him Mater and the Ghostlight? Well, we went and bought foamboard and poster paints, along with a bit of duct tape, and created a costume with one headlight (working), and a realy bright flashlight for a lantern. Here's the results.

One note - for those of you who want to create something similar... I wish I had taken stairs into account better - getting up and down the stairs was a bit difficult.

What we won't do for our kids.

2 comments:

Russelldad said...

That is awesome! I love that you went with the working ghost light!

Kelly said...

I can't believe you made that costume for Connor! It is soo cute. I hope Connor doesn't make his cousin think that all mommys and daddys can do all that!